Entirely renovated, this hotel has 30 refined rooms with warm and elegant woodworks, that will welcome you in an elegant and familial atmosphere.
Built in 1840, the Grand Hotel des Alpes has been one of the most charming hotels throughout Chamonix’s history. Located in the town centre, close to the Aiguille du Midi, the red train to “la Mer de Glace” and the cable car leading to the Brévent, it enables you in winter to enjoy the town centre and to visit the unforgettable places around.
- Transfer booking service
- Mountain guide and ski instructor booking service
- Restaurants bookings
- Wi-Fi free of charge available in every room as well as in the hotel lounge
- Private interior garage (25,00 Euros per day) with electric charger
- Bicycle Rack
- Ski room and boot dryer
- Ironing and board available on request
- Electric adapters available on request
- Wake-up light alarm clock available at the reception
- PC, printers and fax available at the reception
- Changing table for baby, bottle warmer, and high chair available on request
- Breakfast is extra: 25,00 Euros per person per day and 10,00 Euros for children between 6 and 17 y.o.
- Bar service
- Room service from 6.00 am until 1.00 am (we inform you that our restaurant is open for breakfast only, If you want to order food to the room please contact the reception to check the menus of our partner restaurants)
- During the Winter Season we offer you every day a tea time buffet starting from 4.00 p.m and an aperitif buffet from 6.30 p.m.
- Cold dishes on request 24/24 at 20,00€
- Accepted credit cards: VISA – MASTERCARD – AMERICAN EXPRESS – DINERS – JCB
- Laundry Service (20,00 € per bag. Washed, dried and flounder linen. Not ironed)
- Turn down service from 7.30 p.m.
- Free shuttle to the Chamonix ski slopes (on request and on scheduled transfers)
- Wake up calls on request
- Hairdresser service in the room, on request
- We take care of your luggage upon arrival and upon departure. Please contact us at the reception desk before your check out at 12 a.m.
- Pets allowed except in our public areas
Free cancellation up to 60 days before the local check-in time. After that, the reservation is non-refundable unless it is re-sold.
Facilities & Amenities
Airport shuttle (additional charge)
Electric car charging
Heated ski boot lockers
Hot tub / jacuzzi
Includes end cleaning
Pets allowed (free)
Ski storage room
Spa & wellness
Spa relaxation area
Special diet menus (on request)
Secure parking available for €25 per day
Guests say the description and photos for this property are accurate.
75 Rue du Dr Paccard, 74400 Chamonix-Mont-Blanc, France
This accommodation takes steps to be more sustainable and environmentally friendly
Follow your Skixer's advice and ski like a local
Our only objective is to make this ski holiday the best you've ever had (so you will use us again next year ... and the year after)
About Chamonix Mont Blanc
Chamonix has 200 years of mountain sports history and is one of the most famous destinations in the world. It is situated in southeast France close to the Italian and Swiss borders.
With its 5 large skiing areas, Chamonix Valley welcomes skiing enthusiasts at all levels.
Between the two ends of the valley Les Houches and Le Tour, we have the two south-facing areas Le Brevent and La Flegere. Here you can ski with an astonishing view over Mont Blanc. On the north side, there's the village Argentiere where we have the world-famous area named Les Grands Montets with its challenging long runs.
Finally, in the heart of Chamonix, there is the gondola going up to Aguille du Midi. It is from here you can descend down the great VALLE BLANCHE. A 22 km long run.
When not skiing, there are plenty of things to do. Enjoy relaxing in one of the Valley’s spas, shopping in the lively streets of Chamonix, or get stuck in the famous after-ski in one of the many bars in town.
For those who prefer a calmer atmosphere maybe a cup of tea or coffee with something sweet at one of the well-visited cafés would be the solution. In the evening there are plenty of restaurants where you can get a traditional dinner or gastronomic meal in a first-class restaurant. Lastly, for the late-nighters, there are also a couple of discos.